ABBYY (read as 'Abi') is a world leader in optical character recognition (OCR), document capture and forms processing, document recognition, and linguistic technologies and services.
In order to develop cutting-edge technologies in document recognition and linguistics, ABBYY conducts extensive scientific research in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). This research fuels the development of products ranging from end-user applications for PC, Mac and mobile devices to cloud-based enterprise solutions and development tools. Currently more than 30 million people from more than 150 countries use ABBYY products.*
Today, ABBYY is an international company employing over 1250 people worldwide. ABBYY has 4 headquarters – in North America (Milpitas, California), Western Europe (Munich), Eastern Europe (Kiev) and in Russia (Moscow). ABBYY group consists of 14 global offices located in Russia (5 offices), the USA, Germany, the UK, Japan, Ukraine, Australia, Canada, Cyprus and Taiwan.
Among our customers
- More than 30 million people* from more than 150 countries* use ABBYY products.
- More than 20 million people* all over the world use ABBYY FineReader.
- Thousands of companies process more than 9.3 billion pages* of documents and forms annually by using ABBYY technologies.
- ABBYY customers save about 5 billion dollars* each year using ABBYY products.
- ABBYY technologies save people around 970 million hours annually* when converting paper and PDF documents.
- Leading document capture vendors use ABBYY technologies in their products: BancTec, BenQ, Captiva, C Technologies, Cardiff Software, Cobra Technologies, DELL, EPSON, EMC2/Documentum, Fujitsu, Freedom Scientific, HP, IKON, IXOS, Kurzweil, Kofax Image Products, Legato Systems, Microtek, Mustek, NewSoft, Neurascript, Notable Solutions, Optika, Panasonic, ReadSoft, Siemens Nixdorf, Stellent, SWT, SER Solutions, Samsung Electronics, Sumitomo Electric Systems, Toshiba, Umax, Verity and others.
- Leading scanner and MFP manufacturers use ABBYY technologies in their products: BenQ, Canon, Epson, Fujitsu, Konica Minolta, Mustek, Panasonic Communications, PlanOn, Primax, Plustek, Toshiba and Xerox.
- Leading mobile manufacturers have ABBYY technologies inside their devices: Nokia, Samsung, LG, HTC, Pantech and Voxtel.
* - According to ABBYY’s internal data
ABBYY’s mission is to help people understand each other by creating artificial intelligence technologies, products and services for efficiently capturing, translating, extracting and transforming information into accessible and useful knowledge.