Database systems are central to our core business functions and are most likely the most valuable asset any business or organisation has. It is therefore of utmost importance that all the activities related to the smooth running and safekeeping of our database is performed by certified engineers with the skill and experience that one would expect when dealing with such valuable assets. The database administrator (DBA) is usually a dedicated role in the IT department for large organizations. However, many smaller companies that cannot afford a full-time DBA usually outsource or contract the role to a specialized vendor, and this is where we can help.
At SG Solutions we can offer you Database Administration as a service. Be it Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server, we have the right people with enough experience and exposure to provide you with the highest level of service to ensure that your database is always available as needed. We will also be able to perform database security checks, database monitoring and troubleshooting, and planning for future growth.
Through our service we will provide you with;
- Maximum up time: we will make sure that the database operates smoothly and that any problems are identified in advance through periodic monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Database Security: Ensuring that only authorized users have access to the database and fortifying it against any external, unauthorized access.
- Database Tuning: Tweaking any of several parameters to optimize performance, such as server memory allocation, file fragmentation and disk usage.
- Backup and Recovery: we will ensure that the database has adequate backup and recovery procedures in place to recover from any accidental or deliberate loss of data.
- Producing Reports from Queries: we can also be called upon to generate custom reports by writing queries, which are then run against the database.